Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday Treats!

Happiness is: satisfying a {food} craving!

Yesterday, I got to craving a chocolate shake. (Random...) But in attempt to be health conscious, I decided to search for a more guilt-free way of satisfying this craving...

After perusing various blogs/websites, I decided on a chocolate peanut butter smoothie! 

{I spy....me in the spoon!}


I took elements from various recipes to come up with my own....

Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie:
3 Tbsp Cocoa*
2 Tbsp Peanut butter
1/2 Banana
1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
Ice

Blend & enjoy!

*I used Nesquik since I didn't have cocoa powder, but I think cocoa powder would make for a more chocolate-y taste. 

It definitely satisfied my craving without making me feel too guilty! 

{chocolate cream pie}
And while we're on cravings & treats, here's my current Tuesday treat from Simplethings Sandwich & Pie Shop on 3rd! Certainly, not guilt-free, but oh well--we can't be healthy all the time right?? ;) 

--------------------
Happy Tuesday! Treat yourself! 

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now & then doesn't hurt!
- Charles Schulz 

xoxo,
trey

No comments:

Post a Comment