Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday Thoughts: Oh, College...


It’s been 4 years since I’ve graduated college. FOUR YEARS! 

That means I’ve been out of college the same amount of time I was in college! Ohmygoodnessgracious.

Anyways, I follow the blog Cupcakes and Cashmere, and she recently re-tweeted an interview she did with College Magazine. After reading her interview, I thought it’d be fun to answer these questions myself…

{FIGHT ON FOREVER!}


What was the best class you took in college?
BAEP 454—The Business Plan

When will I ever use this information again?
I know I’m not the only one who ever wondered this.

Most of my business classes arguably had “real world” use. In fact, I probably use Accounting 1A the most day to day. (Booorrringgggg!) But the class I consider to be the best was the final class of my entrepreneurship concentration: BAEP 454—The Business Plan.

The goal of the class was to have an actual business plan by the end of the semester. A final project that you can use in the real world?! BEST CLASS EVER. Learning how to present and pitch your plan (&yourself) in the most effective way is something that I continue to use, both in interviews and in everyday life.

In addition, each week a different CEO/business owner would come and talk about their journey to starting their own business. Each person’s journey was different, but their passion for business was the same. It was all very inspiring. 

Biggest regret?
Not transferring to on campus housing my freshman year out of sheer laziness.

I was originally a spring admit, but when USC allowed me to come in the fall, I had to take whatever housing I could get--which resulted in an off campus apartment. It was freshman housing, but because it was apartment living instead of dorm living, it lacked the “oh-crap-this-is-the-first-time-living-away-from-home-I-have-to-wear-slippers-in-the-shower” bonding most people get freshman year.

I could have requested a transfer. I should have. But I was too lazy to move. Typical.

In any event, things happen as they should, and I ended up befriending some amazing people. ;)

{Blur}

What do you miss the most?
Living so close to friends.

Being able to walk or bike to your friends is probably something most of us can’t do after college. And while we’re able to still see each other quite often, it still lacks a lot of the spontaneity that living so close allowed.

What do you miss the least?
HOMEWORK. EXAMS. 

I love knowing that after work, I can truly do whatever I choose without worrying about studying.

Best late night college snack? 
Chung's spring rolls

Most memorable night (weekend) of college? 
Spontaneous 2AM weekend escapade to Big Sur. 

I don't know if I could have thought up a better time even if I tried. :)

{Big Sur. PC: Weims}
Songs that remind you of college?
+ Isley Brothers, “Shout” –and anything & everything oldies. ;)
+ Jordin Sparks, “Tattoo”
+ Across the Universe & Rent Soundtracks
+ Anything Top 40—even the stuff now…how can you not think of a college party?


------------------ 
Oh, College...how I miss you sometimes. So many truly great memories packed in to such a short period of time. 4 years flew by so fast! 

You know make me wanna SHOUT!
Kick my heels up and SHOUT!
Throw my hands up and SHOUT!
Throw my head back and SHOUT!
Come on now,
don't forget to say you will.
- The Isley Brothers, "Shout"

xoxo,
trey

No comments:

Post a Comment